Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Welcome

With some temerity, I begin this blog with the desire to share my work as I go along; to expose my paintings, and thus myself, for comment. The act of painting is an ongoing process, the result of which are paintings that set our imaginings in place for others to see.

A favorite spot for me has been in front of the "Blue Fin" at Times Square. The view is always changing; the glass wall between the inside and outside of the bar acts as a giant screen, mingling the reflections of the street with the people inside and the interior space.



Blue Fin XIV
oil on canvas 34" x 46




Blue Fin XXIV
oil on canvas 34" x 48"


Media images have become part of our immediate reality, always cutting into our collective sense of self. I express this in these paintings by bringing reflections and the physical world clashing together. These paintings are of a series loosely defined as "Reflections" or "Outside Looking In."



Blue Fin XXVIII
oil on board 22" x 18"




Blue Fin XXXI
oil on board 18" x 22"

4 comments:

SJF said...

The paintings look great on your new blog! Hope lot's of folks find you and enjoy your terrific art. Sharon

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! I will enjoy seeing your updates

Chris Cory said...

I have seen one of these paintings in an exhibition and found it mysteriously moving. I'm delighted to know there are more, and look forward to seeing lots more images in this space.

Chris Cory

Anonymous said...

I have always admired Elinore's work. There is a quality of mystery about the images that intrigues: the mystery of the urban night scene, the random society of a busy cafe, couples' intimate conversations, a group's noisy celebration, the general busy night life that can end in several ways. The are many painters of the city but too many exclude the animation— the vigor—instilled by the people who inhabit these places. Elinore does this very successfully. And her paintings are so skillfully conceived and rendered they can be celebrated on that score alone. Congratulations.