Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Small Works at SOHO20Chelsea

I was invited by my artist friend, Elizabeth Bisbing, [ http://ebisbing.com ] to enter a painting into the "Small Works" show at the SOHO20Chelsea gallery, of which she is a member.


Blue Fin XVIII
Oil on board 11" x 12"

The above is a painting of a bar at Times Square, outside looking in.


The following is a quote, which I recently came across in the New York Times in an article by Michael Kimmelman, that had resonance:

"Art is also about what's inexplicable and out of the ordinary. Painting is the world's oldest conjuring act, colored dirt smeared on a flat surface to create an illusion. We may know it's not real, but we still enjoy seeing how the magic is done."

The EXHIBIT:

You are, of course, welcome to stop by if you are in New York.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks great! I'll see you at the opening.

Elizabeth